District 2 Awards
The below sections contain information about our District 2 awards program. Past recipients are also listed for each award.
|The D2 YP Distinction Award is the Young Professionals’ Committee’s highest honor to recognize a young professional athletic trainer who has made an immediate and definitive impact on the athletic training profession at the district, state, or community level.
The award will be presented at the D2 Business Meeting at the NATA convention and includes a plaque and registration to the EATA Convention.
1. Certified member or certified student member of the NATA and in good standing.
2. Must have an NPI number.
3. Minimum of three years of experience as a certified athletic trainer.
4. Minimum of two years membership in NATA District Two.
5. Considered “young professional” at time of nomination. (Must be within first 12 years of profession after initial certification/licensure.)
6. An athletic trainer may not be awarded twice.
7. If more than one sponsor nominates the same person, the first sponsor to nominate will be taken.
8. Current and previous members of the NATA Young Professionals' Committee are not eligible for this award.
1. Nominating athletic trainer must complete the online award nomination form
2. Three letters of recommendation:
-Nominating sponsor who must be a NATA member
-Colleague who is a current NATA member
-Individual in the nominee’s place of work (Does not have to be a NATA member or athletic trainer)
3. Applications must be received electronically by 11:59PM EST April 15th
The winner will be contacted on June 1st.